Today, I had dinner plans with my friend PJ. That’s right, I
had dinner plans on a WEEKDAY. Excitement. I know, I lead a very exciting life
as a graduate student. Anyways, I really was excited, because we were going to Lucy’s Fried Chicken for dinner and Lick for dessert. I haven’t been to both,
even though I’ve been hearing about Lucy’s for quite some time. As we were
driving along 1st Street, I kept noticing restaurants I wanted to
check out. Now I know, 1st Street is the magical street full of
restaurants.
We finally got to Lucy’s, but the parking lot was full L. Turns out, Tuesdays is
Steak Night, so keep it in mind for if you ever go. We walked in and were told
to seat ourselves. The place was pretty crowded, so we chose to sit upstairs. The friendly server told us about Steak Night and some other specials, but come on, we’re
at Lucy’s Fried Chicken – we’re here for the fried chicken. Here’s what we
ordered:
![]() |
| Clockwise: Bucket o' Chicken, Corn Bread Muffins, and Mexican Coke Sweet Potatoes |
![]() |
| Close up |
Alrighty, so after we boxed up our leftovers, we headed over to SOLA for...ICE CREAM!! To be honest, when PJ told me we were going to Lick, I somehow heard "Jim's Ice House". I don't know how I heard that, but I did. I was pleasantly surprised, though, with the cute little ice cream shop. I personally think ice cream beats shaved ice. Lick must be new cause I haven't heard of it till today, and what a shame cause it was AMAZING. I liked the simplistic decor, especially the sky blue wood paneling. More importantly, they had some really unique flavor combinations like strawberry basil, which in case you're wondering, is tasty. We both got smalls, can you guess which one's mine?
![]() |
![]() | |
|
So that was my dinner and dessert!! I would def go back to Lucy's Fried Chicken, but with a bigger group if I'm planning on getting the Bucket o' Chicken. And I'm now adding Lick to favorite dessert spots to take out-of-towners to :]
Until next time! And happy eating!
Linh Thy




No comments:
Post a Comment